Another Tour de France trip finished, and for the intrepid Croydon Cycleworks “Kill the Hill” golden hammer tour group it was a great success. Over 2 weeks in July we rode some of the toughest and most beautiful roads in France, watched key stages of the TDF, ate at some fantastic restaurants, and had some great laughs. A memorable time was had by all, and there were many highlights such as
- Climbing numerous “Cols” in fantastic weather
- Setting up Ray to tell a waitress (in french) she was very beautiful
- Stealing Daniels shoes (it wasn’t me)
- Making fun of the dutch
- Discovering chanel 5 on TV after 10pm
- Our “Awards” ceremony held on the final night
- Searching local bakeries for Max
- Shane, Dale and Ray calling International Bicycle Rescue for a lift
For me, there were so many awesome rides it is hard to single one out, but riding the giant Col du Galibier (at 2645m it is one of the highest sealed roads in France) is special and very rewarding. We had a perfect day and the view is mind boggling.
I’ll be posting some more detailed story on our tour soon. Click here for general info on our tours.