Croydon Cycleworks 2016 Dolomites tour
Croydon Cycleworks are proud to offer another Italian cycling adventure for 2016! We have been running our popular cycling tours to the French Alps and Pyrenees for quite a few years now as well as a number of trips to Italy. Cycling enthusiasts argue which is the best place to ride, but the legendary Dolomites provide a magnificent backdrop for some epic rides, which are steeped in history and Giro folklore.
We will be running our tour during the 2016 Giro d ‘Italia, where access to riders is easier than the French tour, and it’s not uncommon to hold an umbrella up over a Green edge rider at a stage start, whilst conducting an interesting conversation. Which Aussies are going to star? Adam Hansen? Simon Clarke? Or perhaps Richie Porte in his new BMC colours? You can be there to see it for a lot less than you think! How does $3350 (excludes airfares) sound?
Here are some key features of our 2016 Giro d ‘Italia Tour:
- We expect to see 2 race stages up close, one high mountain stage, and one stage start.
- The cycling routes in our tour will be challenging with multiple HC climbs. This tour is for the experienced cyclist seeking a challenge.
- Our 12 day tour starts and ends at Venice Marco Polo airport. Drop off in Milan also available.
- We will be cycling the legendary climbs of the Sella Ronde and Mortirola, as well as the Stelvio, the Gavia and many others.
- Your guides Adrian and David (from Gradient Blue cycling) will be your drivers on transfers, accompany you on the rides, and provide support and assistance where needed.
- Our schedule is designed to minimize transfers and driving. Most days you will ride from the front door, providing more time to ride and also more time to relax and enjoy the other aspects of holidaying in the Italian countryside.
- All breakfasts, some picnic lunches and snack foods are included. Dinners are at your own cost as are lunches at cafes or restaurants.
Interested? Download our full Itinerary