Cycling in France, Italy & Spain. They conjure up images of climbs like you have never experienced before. Riders, their chests heaving as they urge themselves up a mountain road toward the summit. Maybe it’sjust you, your bike and a road draped across a mountain side like a black ribbon. Or maybe it’s with your mates, just enjoying some of the world’s mostspectacular scenery.
Our tours bring this to you.
Croydon Cycleworks has been delivering great tours in Europe for over 10 years. We aim to provide the environment for the trip of a lifetime. We take you to some of the most amazing regions of France, Italy & Spain.
The French Alps, the Pyrenees, the Dolomites, Stelvio National Park and northern Spain’s Picos Europa harbour some of the greatest cycling roads in the world. Therefore, we like to base ourselves in what we consider – the paradise of cycling.
Our tours coincide with the Grand Tours. Italy in May; France in July & Spain in September. We are not just riders, but we also love the racing of the Grand Tours. Seeing the peloton climbing the Stelvio Pass or cheering the breakaway on hoping they don’t get caught on the climb to Alpe d’Huez is a memory you will treasure forever. With our tours, we aim to get you up close to the race.
- Tours run at between 10 – 13 days’ duration
- We schedule to enable access to 2 days of the Grand Tour
- Each tour has a marquee climb including Alpe d’Huez, Col du Tourmalet, Stelvio Pass, L’Angliru
- Accompanied by a French, Italian or Spanish speaking guides
- Tour schedules are aimed to minimize transfers and maximise your time on your cycling holiday.
- All breakfasts, snack food and some dinners are included.
- Accommodation is very comfortable – typically twinshare (single supplement available on request if can be accommodated.)
- Vehicle support during rides
- Transfers to and from designated pick up and drop off points
- Commemorative Croydon Cycleworks Jersey